Below is a list of resources that I will be adding to over time. If you would like me to list your site or you know of a resource that you would like to share with others please drop me a line so that I may add it to the list.
Where are you on your PA journey?
Click in the box below and bookmark your personal resource page with content geared specifically for you wherever you are along the PA path.
|Start Here||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
Top Rated Services
Whether you a perfecting your PA school application essay, finalizing your resume or preparing for your PANCE or PANRE board exam, these are some of the most popular resources on the site.
The PA Life - Physician Assistant School Finder - Program Directory and eBook
PANCE and PANRE Exam Preparation:
The PANCE and PANRE Exam Academy
FREE PANCE and PANRE Board Review in Your Inbox
Get 60 days of FREE PANCE and PANRE Board Review Questions & Answers delivered daily directly to your inbox. It is a great and fun way to learn.
Are you short on time? Sing up for the FAST TRACK and get 3 PANCE and PANRE review questions delivered daily! Sign Up Here
Free PANCE and PANRE Practice Exams
The Audio PANCE and PANRE Physician Assistant Board Review Podcast
The Daily Eponym
The Physician Assistant Essay Collaborative and Review Service
Clickable map of all 56 AAPA State Constituent Chapters
PAFLIX: Physician Assistant Video on Demand
Physician Assistant Exam Review Podcast
Brian Wallace PA-C runs a website and podcast that focuses on topics covered on the PANCE and PANRE. Check out his site, the podcast is great as well!
- From a PA Tumbler blog with a hidden gem of great study guides (look at the links in the sidebar). I have compiled his study guides into my own dropbox folder to simplify the process. It includes things such as this simple yet brilliant Orthopedic Cheat Sheet.
Free 5 Minute Clinical Consult and Epocrates Online Premium
- Pfizer for Professionals: As much as I hate to give my email address to the pharmaceutical companies this one may be worth it. When you create a user login you get free access to several amazing resources and even an iPhone app that allows you to access these amazing resources on the go. And yes, it really is free!
Free Patient Health Handouts
- Did you know Epocrates Online offers an amazing collection of English and Spanish Patient Resources? Check it out it is amazing! Epocrates Patient Literature Library
Physician Assistant Job Search
- AAPA PA Job Link: Probably the gold standard next to your local PA Association web site.
- PA Gigs: Post and find your PA job online.
- Craigslist: Still one of the best places to find a Physician Assistant job.
Physician Assistant Shadow
- PA Shadow Online: Find a PA to shadow, or become a PA to shadow. This is such a great idea!
- The Turkey Book: The University of Washington's chapter of the national honor medical society Alpha Omega Alpha, founded in 1902, and the online home of the Turkey Book, a home-grown introductory manual to the wards for medical students. This thing rocks!
- MedicalStudent.com: A digital library of authoritative medical education information for the medical student and all students of medicine!
- Free Clinical Cases and Images: After a few weeks of clinical practice, medical students and residents realize that patients are often different from the classic disease descriptions in the textbooks. One experienced physician summarized this by saying: "his asthma did not read the book." How to bridge this gap between theory and practice? Our answer was to create this free case-based curriculum of clinical medicine.
- Patients Like Me: An amazing idea: Bring patients together and let them document their symptoms and what helped. This is set to revolutionize the way we do healthcare!
- The Stanford 25: Demonstrate one or more of the 25 technique dependent physical diagnosis maneuvers, then have the residents perform, demonstrate, perfect and show us how they teach. This is a cool site!
- RxAssist: A wonderful resource for free and discounted medications for patients. Search by medicine to find discounted pharmacy's. This tool is priceless!
Free Medical Spell Checker for MS Word
- Free Medical Spell Checker For Microsoft Word, Custom Dictionary: You will be typing a lot of medical papers in your lifetime. This free custom dictionary by civil engineer and medical transcriptionist "Raj" is wonderful. Just follow the instruction on the page, it is easy to install.
- I also use Grammarly, which offers a feature-rich set of spell-check and proofreading options in their free web app. They also have a MS Word plugin that will take your spellcheck to the next level.
Physician Assistant Blogs/Forums
- AAPA PA Student Site: It's new and it will blow your mind!
- My PA Training (Excellent Student Site): Paul recently graduated. I feel a book in the making. He is a good blogger and has an active forum. It is the one PA blog I recommend to everyone!
- Trust me, I'm a PA Student: This is one of the newest PA blogs on the block and one of my personal favorites. Paul has top notch resources and some of the most detailed blog posts on important topics that cover all aspects of our profession, like this one.
- Physician Assistant ED: This is run by a PA and it has some really dated, but excellent resources!
- The Physician Assistant Forum: A great forum that is still quite active!
Global Health Resources for PA's
- Grassroots volunteering: Connecting travelers with local causes and communities
- Physician Assistants for Global Health: I am a bit biased since I am on the board. But this web site is about to get an update, and it will soon be the best resource for PA's wanting to network with other PA's and work abroad as a PA.
- CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: The go-to resource for travel medicine.
- Partners in Health: The wonderful home of Paul Farmer. If you are interested in Haiti start here. This book is what got me started, if you are interested in global health it is a great read!
- Health Horizons International: A great place to find volunteer opportunities as a PA or NP.
- Good Intents: I love this site! Just follow the links, the author brings a fresh and practical approach to good intentions and the way to go about "volunteerism"! A must read blog.
- Relief Web: Where is the greatest need for international volunteers? Here you will find your answer.
- Lonely Planets Free ebook and Maps Page: This link is to download maps to your e reader. But is a great resource regardless.
Safety and Security Abroad
- Registration of Traveler Emergency Contact and Itinerary Information
- Transportation Security Administration
- U.S. Department of State
Helping People Resources
- Feed America: Yes many people in America are without food. This site will be an eye opener.
My Notes and Stuff
- Dermatology Atlas - is an online source of over 23,000 images of skin disease bought to you by Loyola University.
- ECG Library is an online collection of realistic-looking recordings that can help clinicians improve their ECG skills. It contains detailed information about how to recognize and interpret abnormal ECG findings.
- Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopedics is the largest, most comprehensive online medical textbook on orthopedics with 11,000 pages of text and over 5,000 images.