PA School Letters of Reference
Here are two letters of recommendation I received when applying to PA school.
I am not posting them here to fluff my feathers but merely to serve as an example of what I included as part of my actual PA school application.
A great letter of recommendation weighs heavily in your favor. This, and a passion-filled personal essay, is the reason that I, an average student from a state university, was able to receive an acceptance letter over many Ivy league applicants with pedigree backgrounds and 4.0 GPAs.
The best letters are the result of honesty and hard work. If you're looking for a letter of recommendation, it's important that your intentions be genuine. You will also discover a predictor of success in life beyond the PA school application. One that will take you as far as you let it.
You can download copies of these reference letters and other resources that will help with your physician assistant school application at the end of this blog post.
Sample Letters of Recommendation for PA School
Letters should be written on an official letterhead and signed by the letter writer. When submitting to CASPA, you will need the evaluator's full name, email address and provide a due date. This due date is when you want the letter to be submitted and completed by the evaluator.
I hope these resources help you. You can download copies of my nine PA recommendation letter templates along with other application resources by following the links below.
Physician Assistant Letters of Recommendation: Downloadable Templates
This download includes nine physician assistant profession specific letters of recommendation to cover most situations:
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 1
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 2
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 3
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 4
- Physician assistant colleague letter of recommendation 1
- Physician assistant colleague letter of recommendation 2
- Letter of recommendation for staff (MA/Front Desk/Tech/ETC) pursuing healthcare career/graduate school 1
- Letter of recommendation for staff (MA/Front Desk/Tech/ETC) pursuing healthcare career/graduate school 2
- Letter of recommendation for PA Student who rotates in your clinic
These are pre-formatted MS Word document templates that you may modify and edit to your liking.
Writing a good letter of recommendation can be helpful but writing a great letter of recommendation can change a person's life. If you care deeply about your coworker, colleague, employee, student, MA, staff member, or yourself (if you have been tasked with writing your own letter), take the time to write a reference letter that will uniquely separate you from the pack is worth your time.