Free Online PANCE and PANRE Practice Exams
Important Links: The Physician Assistant Certification and Recertification Exam
Download the ‘Examination Content Blueprint’ (ECB) from the NCCPA.
The ECB lists the diseases that you should focus on and describes which information you should study for each disease. Follow the link below:Break down the ECB into parts that are easy to handle, depending on the time you have before the exam. (You should know your study habit by now).
- Here is the complete guide to taking the PANRE on the NCCPA Web Site.
- Cost: You must submit an online application and $350 payment to register for PANRE (2013)
PANCE (Initial Certification)
- Here is the complete guide to taking the PANCE on the NCCPA Web Site.
- You must submit an application and $475 payment in advance to take PANCE (Ouch!) (2013)
NCCPA Tutorial’s: Links to a Sample of the Actual Exam
Physician assistants are encouraged to take the sample online tutorials provided below prior to their exam day to become familiar with the computer functions. The tutorial provides an opportunity to practice:
- Navigating through the examination
- Answering questions
- Changing answers
- Marking questions for review
- Accessing the table of laboratory values
Please Note: Windows-based PC required; Tutorials are not available for Mac platforms
- PANCE and PANRE Tutorial (53.8 MB exe)
- CAQ Exam Tutorial (53.4 MB exe)
- Tutorial Installation Requirements and Instructions (336 K pdf)
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Applied for your examination with the NCCPA;
- Paid an examination application fee to the NCCPA; and
- Received an exam acknowledgement from the NCCPA.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. When creating your account and scheduling your exam, you will need your NCCPA ID number from the NCCPA exam acknowledgement sent to you upon completion of the application process. Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance.
If you provide Pearson VUE with any new contact information during the exam application process, this will not update the NCCPA’s records. Update your contact information with the NCCPA by signing in to your personal certification record.