Why do you want to be a PA? We have helped 100's of PA school applicants just like you answer this question. We offer affordable, recorded online interviews with an unprecedented chance for self-critique. Our current PA school mock interview status: Accepting Appointments
At this point in the application process, you should realize that the interview is all that counts.
Everything else—your education, work experience, essay, test scores—simply support this crucial meeting.
Remember that statistics are cold and cerebral. Just because you have a 4.0-grade point average and you scored well on your GRE does not mean that you will automatically be accepted into PA school.
The admissions committee wants to learn more about you as a person.
Are you likable? Are you compassionate? Do you fully understand the role of the PA? Are you mature? Can you handle stress?
- Can the interviewer visualize you as a colleague?
- Are you overconfident?
- Are you trustworthy?
- Are you energetic?
- Would the interviewer want you taking care of him or her as a patient?
- Are you an effective communicator?
The interview is your chance to sell yourself to the committee. Your grades, GRE scores, and essay were already good enough to get you this far. It is now time to concentrate on making an emotional connection with all of the committee members.
How do you do this? Practice!
Practice, Practice, and More Practice
The best way to prepare for your PA school interview is through the necessary and uncomfortable art of interview practice.
Sure, you can practice with friends and family, and I encourage you to do this, but the most efficient way is to sit across from a PA school admissions expert who understands the system and who will give you honest feedback and guidance throughout the process.
The admissions committee selects candidates on the basis of emotion and justifies its decision with facts. The ultimate decision of whether to accept you into the program is mainly influenced by emotional factors rather than rational factors alone.
Is it nerve-wracking to bear your soul to a stranger over your webcam? Yes, maybe a bit, but I can guarantee you, the practice you put in now before the actual interview makes the world of difference come interview day. For many of our clients, it proves to be the most important decision they ever made.
Comprehensive Mock PA School Interview Package
With our comprehensive mock interview package, you'll receive a 45-minute live mock video interview, feedback, and suggestions for improvement, a link to watch and replay your recorded interview as many times as you like, along with expert strategies and tips to make your interview day a success.
This package will provide the help you need to prepare for your PA school interview -- and reduce your stress level. It's fixed price and you can schedule follow-up interviews at a reduced price.
I just wanted to follow-up and let you know that my interview went great today! The program called me about 2 hours after I left and offered me a spot in their program! I couldn't be more excited! The questions were similar, if not the same, as those you asked me in the mock interview. I felt very well-prepared! Again, I appreciate your help and vote of confidence. You were right - they wanted to scoop me up right away! Thank you, thank you, thank you from cloud nine! - Melinda Peiserich, Pre-PA
I got into Duke! I wanted to tell you immediately because you were a big source of my "day-of" confidence and support. Thank you so much! - Leila Adell, Pre-PA
I have great news!! I GOT IN!!! I am officially an enrolled student in the Methodist University PA program. I just wanted to thank you again for this service you provide and how great you were while interviewing me! I needed a confidence boost, and this gave it to me! I am sincerely grateful for the PA Life and your service! I will absolutely pass this on to everyone I know who is going into PA. Thanks again! - Megan H. PA-S
I wanted to let you know that I was accepted at both schools that I interviewed at after our mock interview. Today I received the official paperwork in the mail for East Carolina University and I have decided that I will be attending there next fall. I am so excited and I wanted to thank you once again for your help during the mock interview! I am definitely going to recommend mock interviewing to anyone I know who is applying to PA school, it definitely had a positive impact on my interviews and acceptances! - Paige Gower, Pre-PA
I got into Stony Brook! Thank you so much for all your help and making yourself so available and your continued support. I will let you know if I get another interview anywhere and feel like I’d benefit from another practice run to shake off the cobwebs (and PTSD from the last interview). Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Thank you again for everything! - Laura Rosenthal PA-S
I am so excited that I must share the amazing news I've got- I got accepted to physician assistant program at USC! I couldn't be happier after this long journey of 6 years of hard work until this moment. I wanted to thank you so much for your help and advice, I appreciate your help so much. - Ravit Zargar Azizi, PA-S
I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know the result from my interview you helped me prep for. Last week I was ACCEPTED (this was my #1 choice)! I also had another interview a couple days ago, and though I'm still waiting on the result, I felt very confident and relaxed for that one. Thank you so much for all your help!! The mock interview was immensely helpful in giving me great practice with a brand new person, finding points of improvement, and overall making me feel confident and ready going into my interviews. I found helpful the varied timed segments, the silly question at the end (I actually used "big booming laugh" as an answer to a question in my interview!), and thought the questions were all very relevant and frequently asked in my interviews thus far. I also found helpful the internet article you recommended - I used the "power pose" in the bathroom before each interview, sometimes multiple times, and I felt it helped me get in the zone! Overall, your service was well worth the time and investment and I thank you for being part of the reason I succeeded in my very first PA interview ever. Keep up all the great work! I will continue to recommend your service to other applicants. Thank you again for helping me take a big step forward on my journey! - Ana, Pre-PA
What questions do we ask?
Just as schools are different, so are their interviews. You’re never going to prepare for all the questions PA schools might throw at you. But, memorizing and preparing rote answers to regurgitate back at the admissions committee should never be your goal. In fact, rehearsed answers are the kiss of death. Some schools actually score your interview in part on how scripted your answers sound!
We have polled 100's of physician assistant programs, PA school admission directors, and PA students from across the country to come up with a working formula for success.
I encourage you to prepare a bit, by looking over my list of The Top 46 Physician Assistant Applicant Interview Questions as a gentle primer.
- PA Profession. You must demonstrate knowledge of the PA history and role in health care. Know how to answer: How would you define being a PA? Be original! We know the AAPA definition, we want to know your answer.
- Describe what is most appealing about the PA profession to you. This may be flexibility, the autonomy provided in the doctor-PA role or the opportunities for PA to practice in rural primary care offices.
- Describe the PA and supervising physician roles.
- Describe interactions with PA. This could come from shadowing a PA, volunteering with PA or even talking your own primary care PA.
- Describe your greatest strength and weakness.
- Describe a challenge you faced during college and how you overcame it.
- What was your most challenging college course and why?
- How do you see the healthcare field changing and how will this affect the role of PAs.
- Where will you be in five years?
* If you have volunteered, shadowed or had direct-patient care, be sure to mention this during your interview questions.
* Prior to your interview, have the school put you in touch with a student or alumnus to discuss the program. Not only can you gain valuable information about the program, but describing this conversation during your interview will let the program (and us) know you are particularly interested in their program and you’re willing to go above and beyond the normal call of duty.
What to Wear to Your Mock Interview
It may seem silly to get dressed up for your mock interview, but it is important that you are wearing the same attire you plan to wear on your interview day. This means suits and dress shoes. Women might wear a skirt or pantsuit with heels, while men may wear a blazer or suit jacket, button down shirt, suit pants, a tie and dress shoes.
More Client Testimonials
I got accepted to Yale! Couldn’t have done it without your help! Thank you for all your positive thoughts and prayers. - Dalia Azizi, Pre-PA
I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know how my interview at George Washington went last Friday. I felt very confident coming out of it and received strong, positive feedback from my interviewers. - Jennifer Sherman, Pre-PA
I am so happy to tell you that I got into my choice of PA school here in MI! As a matter of fact, since our mock interview, I have gotten into 3 programs! I must say the prep I had with you adequately prepared me for these interviews. I want to say another BIG THANK YOU. - Oluseyi Sotade, Pre-PA
I want to say another BIG THANK YOU
Schedule Your Mock PA School Interview Today
We have appointments throughout the week, and scheduling is instant, 100% secure and easy! Just use the form below to pick your date and pay using your credit card or PayPal.
Do you have questions about your purchase? Please feel free to email me anytime at email@example.com
View all posts in this series
- My PA School Interview: The Journey of a Lifetime
- The Top 46 Physician Assistant Applicant Interview Questions
- Use this Interview Hack to Get The Physician Assistant Job of Your Dreams!
- The Physician Assistant Job or PA School Interview – Email Etiquette
- The Physician Assistant Interview: Thank You and Follow-up (With Sample)
- A Look Inside Two PA School Interviews
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Going Into My Fourth Physician Assistant Application Cycle
- 300 PA School Interview Questions You Should Be Ready to Answer
- PA School Mock Interviews: Prepare With a Live, Recorded Video Interview
- Mock Physician Assistant School Interview With Taylor Hill Pre-PA
- Mock PA School Interview With Pre-PA Lily Boyle