Are you ready to get started? Choose your package, and we will begin today!
Your success is our passion (see just some of our 100's of testimonials and comments below). We are ready to help today. Our current PA school essay review service status: Accepting New Submissions
(Photo: Me circa 1987 just thinking about my future PA School Essay)
- Are you struggling to write your physician assistant personal statement?
- Are you out of ideas, or just need a second opinion?
- Do you want an essay that expresses who you truly are and grabs the readers attention in the required 5,000 character limit?
We are here to help
I have written several times on this blog about the importance of your personal statement in the PA school application process. In fact, the personal statement is the single most important aspect of your entire application.
It is your chance to shine; it is what differentiates you from the pack. This is your time to express yourself, to show your creativity, your skills, background and make a memorable impression in a matter of seconds.
This will be your only chance, so it is imperative that you get it right the first time.
For some time now I have been dreaming about starting a physician assistant personal statement collaborative.
A place where PA school applicants can post brilliant works of imaginative literature and receive honest, constructive feedback... as well as an acceptance letter to the PA school of your choice!
I have been reviewing a ton of essays recently, so many in fact that I can no longer do this on my own.
To solve this problem, I have assembled a team of professional writers that worked to revise and perfect my PA school application essay.
Sue Edmondson is an award-winning freelance writer who has written in Northern Nevada and Northern California since 1999. Her articles have appeared in magazines such as Edible Reno-Tahoe, Reno Magazine, reno.com, Enjoy, Family Pulse and RLife, and the Reno Gazette Journal and Mountain Echo newspapers. She dabbles in fiction, has sold several children’s short stories and was awarded first place for short fiction by the Reno News and Review. Edmondson is the co-author of “How to Write Your Physician Assistant Personal Statement,” for which she interviewed Admissions Directors and faculty from top physician assistant programs across the country. Her other career is as an attorney and judicial officer. After spending several years practicing family law, she spent the next 19 years at the District Attorney’s Office before serving as a family court master for eight years.
Carly Hallman is a professional writer and editor with a B.A. in English Writing and Rhetoric (summa cum laude) from St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She has worked as a curriculum developer, English teacher, and study abroad coordinator in Beijing, China, where she moved in 2011. In college, she was a Gilman Scholar and worked as a staff editor for her university's academic journal. Her first novel, Year of the Goose, was published in 2015, and her first memoir is forthcoming from Little A books. Her essays and creative writing have appeared in The L.A. Review of Books, The Guardian, LitHub, and Identity Theory, among other publications.
Sarah Schultz honed her writing and editing skills as a professional grant writer for nonprofit healthcare and education organizations. A true word nerd, she holds B.A. and M.A. degrees in English Literature from Murray State University, where she was a Jesse Stuart Fellow. She is the author of seven comedic plays and her first novel will be published in 2018.
We Work as a Team
Duke is an excellent editor and is wonderful at cutting out the "fluff" that makes an essay lose focus and sets people over the 5,000 character limit. As a state assessor, his advice is always spot-on.
Sue is an amazingly creative writer who will take your "ordinary" and turn it into entirely extraordinary.
I mean it when I say this service is one-of-a-kind! We have spent hours interviewing PA School admissions directors and faculty from across the country to find out exactly what it is they are looking for in your personal statement.
We even wrote a book about it.
To collaborate, we use Google Drive. Google Drive is free, has an intuitive interface with integrated live comments in the sidebar, the ability to have a real-time chat, to collaborate effortlessly and compare, revise or restore revisions on the fly. Google Drive also has an excellent mobile app that will allow you to make edits on the go!
Duke, Sue and I have teamed together and worked with hundreds of applicants within the Google Drive environment. We have had great success, and it has been a wonderfully rewarding experience.
The Physician Assistant Essay and Personal Statement Collaborative
I have set up two options that I hope will offer everyone a chance to participate:
- Private, paid personal statement review service
- A collaborative free one (in the comments section)
Private, One-On-One Personal Statement Review Service
If you are interested in the paid service, you may choose your plan below.
Free Personal Statement Review
We love working with PA school applicants, but don't just take our word for it!
How to submit your essay for the paid service
After you have submitted your payment, you will be redirected to the submissions page where you can send us your essay as well as any special instructions. We will contact you immediately upon receipt of your payment and essay so we may begin work right away.
Pricing is as follows:
Choose your plan then click "Buy Now" to submit your essay and we will get started right away!
Every purchase includes a FREE digital copy of our new 100-page e-book How to Write Your Physician Assistant Personal Statement, Our 101 PA School Admission Essays e-book, the expert panel audiobook and companion workbook. This is a $65 value included for free with your purchase.
All credit card payments are processed via PayPal over a secure HTTPS server. Once your payment is processed you will be immediately redirected back to the essay submission page. There you will submit your essay along with some biographical info and all suggestions or comments you choose to provide. You will receive immediate confirmation that your essay has been securely transmitted as well as your personal copy of "How to Write Your Physician Assistant Personal Statement." Contact [email protected] if you have any questions, comments or problems - I am available 24/7.
The hourly service includes your original edit and one-on-one time over Google Drive, it is simple to add more time if necessary but you may be surprised on what a difference just a single edit can make. We find our four-hour service to be the most effective in terms of time for follow-up and full collaboration. We are open to reduced rate add-on's to suit your individual needs.
Writing and Revision
How to submit your essay for the FREE service
Follow the rules above and get to work below in the comments section. I look forward to reading all your essay submissions.
View all posts in this series
- How to Write the Perfect Physician Assistant School Application Essay
- The Physician Assistant Essay and Personal Statement Collaborative
- Do You Recognize These 7 Common Mistakes in Your Personal Statement?
- 7 Essays in 7 Days: PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 1, “A PA Changed My Life”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 2, “I Want to Move Towards the Forefront of Patient Care”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 3, “She Smiled, Said “Gracias!” and Gave me a Big Hug”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 4, “I Have Gained so Much Experience by Working With Patients”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 5, “Then Reach, my Son, and Lift Your People up With You”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 6, “That First Day in Surgery was the First Day of the Rest of my Life”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 7, “I Want to Take People From Dying to Living, I Want to Get Them Down From the Cliff.”
- Physician Assistant Personal Statement Workshop: “To say I was an accident-prone child is an understatement”
- 9 Simple Steps to Avoid Silly Spelling and Grammar Goofs in Your PA School Personel Statement
- 5 Tips to Get you Started on Your Personal Essay (and why you should do it now)
- How to Write Your Physician Assistant Personal Statement The Book!
- How to Write “Physician Assistant” The PA Grammar Guide
- 101 PA School Admissions Essays: The Book!
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Going Into My Fourth Physician Assistant Application Cycle
- 7 Tips for Addressing Shortcomings in Your PA School Personal Statement
- The #1 Mistake PRE-PAs Make on Their Personal Statement
- The Ultimate PA School Personal Statement Starter Kit