Admissions Directors and faculty share their expectations for your PA school personal statement and we teach you how to write it!
What Makes This Book Unique?
We have worked with 1000’s of applicants through our Personal Statement and Essay Collaborative and have interviewed PA school faculty and Admissions Directors from 12 top ranking PA schools across the country to give you the inside scoop and provide you with a guaranteed formula for success.
Here is what people have to say
If you are reading this you might have been like me skeptical and trying to find a way to write a stellar essay for your PA application. I want to share with you my exceptional experience using this service. First, do yourself a favor and BUY the eBook, “The Insider’s Guide to Your Personal Statement.” I read it twice. Once before I started my essay draft and then again during. I cannot stress how helpful the book was in clearly stating what the Admissions Directors are looking for in application essay.
Next, the book reviews how to formulate a proper essay with clear instructions, easy reminders of the writing process, and excellent examples of good and bad writing choices. After several drafts of my essay I made an appointment to work with Duke Pasquini, one of the authors of the guide, through the internet and via phone to help with editing and my length issue. Duke’s professional experience and kind and straight forward demeanor allowed me to create a winning essay that was an authentic representation of me. Not only did I receive an interview from my top choice of PA school I was accepted a week later into their Physician Assistant Program, Class of 2019. Thank you, “PA Life” for being a part of my journey.Michele Williams
But when faced with the personal narrative prompt "write a brief statement expressing your motivation or desire to become a physician assistant.", where do you even begin? And how do you carry that momentum forward into a compelling story that will grant you the invitation for an interview?
This book helped me drastically in what was expected in a PA narrative. It covers the things you should do and the mistakes you should avoid. Before reading this book, I felt quite confident in my personal statement. Upon finishing the 90 pages, I realized my essay was great, but not for PA school. I had made several mistakes mentioned in this book, such as focusing too much on certain experiences, and writing excessively about them, instead of focusing on what I have to offer schools.
Although this is the only book that I have purchased on writing a personal statement, I would not hesitate to recommend this for others to read. Herro
The book helps provide direction for students who have not started their essays AND for those who are just beginning. The content is very useful and VERY easy to digest; this book definitely provides all the tools you need to make an impact on your personal statement essay.
Your statement will undoubtedly have the potential to be as persuasive and as clear - an absolute gem of a resource to have in strengthening your application.Sanitha B.
We have created two special companion resources - available only through the website
12 interviews and 12 rules to writing your physician assistant personal statement
Learning what Admissions Directors and PA school faculty want in your personal statement is only the first step. We have created this accompanying workbook to help you put this advice into action.
Expert Panel Audiobook
If you're like me you may have more books on your shelf than you have time in the day to read them. For this reason, we have summarized the PA school admissions directors quotes and recommendations for how to write your personal statement into a companion audiobook for easy listening in the car, at the gym or even in the shower (although we strongly advise against the latter).
How to get your copy
1. Special Website Only Digital Download Workbook + Audiobook
Because we are selling our book through Amazon Kindle direct publishing I am unable to offer the ebook on the site for download (you will have to purchase through Amazon). But, you can purchase the complete expert panel audiobook which includes all the PA school admissions directors recommendations along with the companion personal statement workbook as a digital download instantly, securely, and best of all CHEAPLY through Gumroad by using the link below.
2. Amazon Paperback or Kindle Instant Download
You can purchase the print book and Kindle versions directly through Amazon.com by clicking here
3. Personal Statement Collaborative + FREE eBook Package
Everyone who buys one of our essay review service packages will receive a free instant download of our complete digital ebook package: audiobook + ebook (mobi and PDF) + workbook
This is a wonderful deal, when combined with the free e-book package your professional edit is only $45!
View all posts in this series
- How to Write the Perfect Physician Assistant School Application Essay
- The Physician Assistant Essay and Personal Statement Collaborative
- Do You Recognize These 7 Common Mistakes in Your Personal Statement?
- 7 Essays in 7 Days: PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 1, “A PA Changed My Life”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 2, “I Want to Move Towards the Forefront of Patient Care”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 3, “She Smiled, Said “Gracias!” and Gave me a Big Hug”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 4, “I Have Gained so Much Experience by Working With Patients”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 5, “Then Reach, my Son, and Lift Your People up With You”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 6, “That First Day in Surgery was the First Day of the Rest of my Life”
- PA Personal Statement Workshop: Essay 7, “I Want to Take People From Dying to Living, I Want to Get Them Down From the Cliff.”
- Physician Assistant Personal Statement Workshop: “To say I was an accident-prone child is an understatement”
- 9 Simple Steps to Avoid Silly Spelling and Grammar Goofs in Your PA School Personel Statement
- 5 Tips to Get you Started on Your Personal Essay (and why you should do it now)
- How to Write Your Physician Assistant Personal Statement The Book!
- How to Write “Physician Assistant” The PA Grammar Guide
- 101 PA School Admissions Essays: The Book!
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Going Into My Fourth Physician Assistant Application Cycle
You may also like -
Sign up for Great Updates From The PA Life
Do you want to stay up-to-date with The PA Life and learn about the latest releases, cool freebies and killer tutorials? Then what are you waiting for? Subscribe now.