But whatever you do, don't sound rehearsed.
We all know how important practicing is before interview day, but make sure you remember that memorizing answers is the kiss of death!
In many ways, practicing is about confidence. When you've seen and heard the questions before, you've considered how your Pre-PA journey intersects with what the panel is asking.
You're also less likely to freeze. Or ramble. Or generalize.
By completing the mock interview I was able to gain the confidence I needed to perform well on my interview date. Throughout my interviews, I was complimented on my strong interviewing skills and I attribute that to the mock interview I completed. I have now received an offer from my dream school and I can't wait to start in August of next year! - Katie Rose, Pre-PA
So how do you interview without sounding rehearsed?
- Practice but don't memorize answers.
- Don't rush to reply. Take a minute to collect your thoughts.
- If needed, clarify the question.
- Resist the urge to ramble.
- Aim to share one big idea.
- Watch yourself practice. You can replay the recorded PA Life mock interviews as many times as you'd like.
In this mock interview, watch Pre-PA Kassidy Anthony answer questions in a prepared but natural tone.
Our interviewers know the top questions asked in a PA school interview. They walk you through a practice interview, coaching, and critiquing throughout the process. They point out details to build on or comments that could trip you up. They help you prepare to bring your best on interview day.
I had a mock interview with Sarah earlier this week- my true interview was this morning, and I really can't give Sarah enough praise. She was extremely helpful and made the mock interview very personalized to my specific background. She didn't feed me "good answers" - she instead gave me great insight into my own ideas and ways I could touch on them more effectively. I went into this morning feeling more confident than I would have without her help. I'm so thankful I did this! - Samantha Morgan, Pre-PA
To schedule a mock interview with one of our seasoned interviewers, visit us here. We'd love to help you polish and prepare for your interview day.
View all posts in this series
- My PA School Interview: The Journey of a Lifetime
- The Top 46 Physician Assistant Applicant Interview Questions
- Use this Interview Hack to Get The Physician Assistant Job of Your Dreams!
- The Physician Assistant Job or PA School Interview – Email Etiquette
- The Physician Assistant Interview: Thank You and Follow-up (With Sample)
- A Look Inside Two PA School Interviews
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Going Into My Fourth Physician Assistant Application Cycle
- 300 PA School Interview Questions You Should Be Ready to Answer
- PA School Mock Interviews: Prepare with a Live, Recorded Video Interview
- Mock Physician Assistant School Interview With Taylor Hill Pre-PA
- Mock PA School Interview With Pre-PA Lily Boyle
- The Interview That Got This Pre-PA Into 5 PA Schools
- 101 PA School Applicants Answer: What’s Your Greatest Strength?
- Mastering Your PA School Interview: Tone Matters
- The Worst PA School Interview Question Ever!
- Why Choose PA Over NP? Here’s the Perfect Answer
- Don’t Make This Critical PA School Interview Mistake!
- 5 Best Ways to Give a Memorable PA School Interview
- 3 Things to Do the Night Before Your PA School Interview
- How to Prepare for Your PA School Interview Day Essay
- How to Squash PA School Interview Day Stress (4 Simple Steps)
- Mind Mapping: A Tool for Personal Statements, Supplemental Essays, and Interviews
- What a REAL PA School Interview Looks Like (in 2022)
- My PA School Interview Preparation Strategy
- How to Bring Your Best on PA School Interview Day
- How to Cope with PA School Application Rejection
- ChatGPT Answers the Top 46 PA School Applicant Interview Questions