In your PA school interview, there will inevitably be answers that tempt you to go negative.
Don't do it! Resist the urge to throw someone under the bus - no matter how much they may deserve it. There will be several questions where you'll be inclined to be pessimistic.
- Describe a situation where your work was criticized.
- Recount a time when you were given critical feedback with which you disagreed.
- What is the most frustrating aspect of your job?
What you say doesn't matter as much as how you say it
What you say doesn't matter as much as how you say it. Do you come across as resentful and angry? Defensive?
When answering questions like this, remember these tips:
Learning by example
Here is a great example that demonstrates this point in our mock interview with Pre-PA Lily Boyle. She is asked the common interview question "What is your least favorite class in college?"
Although you can watch the entire interview, I want you to focus on the time from about 8:50 minutes - 10:11 minutes. When you click play, the video should start here automatically.
Notice how Lily takes a negative and turns it into a positive.
- She shows her ability to accept and learn from the difficulty.
- She takes responsibility for her actions.
- She demonstrates a positive attitude in the face of difficult circumstances.
Take-home point: Always be Positive in Your PA School Interview
Practice Makes Perfect
If you would like to schedule a mock interview with one of our team members, visit us here.
"I am so happy to tell you that I got into my choice of PA school here in MI! As a matter of fact, since our mock interview, I have gotten into 3 programs! I must say the prep I had with you adequately prepared me for these interviews. I want to say another BIG THANK YOU." - Oluseyi Sotade, Pre-PA
Here are even more inspiring testimonials
View all posts in this series
- My PA School Interview: The Journey of a Lifetime
- The Top 46 Physician Assistant Applicant Interview Questions
- Use this Interview Hack to Get The Physician Assistant Job of Your Dreams!
- The Physician Assistant Job or PA School Interview – Email Etiquette
- The Physician Assistant Interview: Thank You and Follow-up (With Sample)
- A Look Inside Two PA School Interviews
- 5 Things I’ve Learned Going Into My Fourth Physician Assistant Application Cycle
- 300 PA School Interview Questions You Should Be Ready to Answer
- PA School Mock Interviews: Prepare With a Live, Recorded Video Interview
- Mock Physician Assistant School Interview With Taylor Hill Pre-PA
- Mock PA School Interview With Pre-PA Lily Boyle
- The Interview That Got This Pre-PA Into 5 PA Schools
- 101 PA School Applicants Answer: What’s Your Greatest Strength?
- Mastering Your PA School Interview: Tone Matters