Here are two letters of recommendation I received when applying to PA school.
I am not posting them here as a way to fluff my feathers but merely to serve as an example of what I included as part of my actual PA school application.
A great letter of recommendation weighs heavily in your favor, I believe this (and a passion filled essay) is the reason that I, an average student from a state university, was able to receive an acceptance letter over many Ivy league applicants with pedigree backgrounds and 4.0 GPA's.
A great letter of recommendation must be earned. It comes when you provide a valuable service with the sole intent of doing your job or providing your service for the benefit of others.
You cannot go into a situation working for a letter of recommendation, your intentions must be pure, and from pure, honest intentions, hard work and dedication, you will find your result. Along the way, you may also discover a predictor of success in life beyond the PA school application. One that will take you as far as you let it.
You can download copies of these and other resources that will help with your physician assistant school application here.
Sample Letters of Recommendation
I hope these resources help you. You can download copies of my nine PA recommendation letter templates along with other application resources by following the links below.
Physician Assistant Letters of Recommendation: Downloadable Templates
This download includes nine physician assistant profession specific letters of recommendation to cover most situations:
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 1
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 2
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 3
- Letter of recommendation for PA School Applicant 4
- Physician assistant colleague letter of recommendation 1
- Physician assistant colleague letter of recommendation 2
- Letter of recommendation for staff (MA/Front Desk/Tech/ETC) pursuing healthcare career/graduate school 1
- Letter of recommendation for staff (MA/Front Desk/Tech/ETC) pursuing healthcare career/graduate school 2
- Letter of recommendation for PA Student who rotates in your clinic
These are pre-formatted MS Word document templates that you may modify and edit to your liking.
Writing a good letter of recommendation can be helpful, but writing a great letter of recommendation can change a person's life. If you care deeply about your coworker, colleague, employee, student, MA, staff member or yourself (if you have been tasked with writing your own letter), taking the time to write a reference letter that will uniquely separate you from the pack is worth your time.
You may also like -
Sign up for Great Updates From The PA Life
Do you want to stay up-to-date with The PA Life and learn about the latest releases, cool freebies and killer tutorials? Then what are you waiting for? Subscribe now.