Medtakeovers’ creator and physician assistant extraordinaire, Andrea Benedict, launched this platform in 2016 to provide interested premeds and future healthcare professionals a behind-the-scenes look at various careers in medicine.
MEDtakeovers is built upon a social media platform that allows healthcare professionals to bring you along with them for a day in their life as well as answer all of your burning questions.
Instead of scripted and rehearsed videos, you get candid and authentic insiders perspective of various health care professions, so you have a more accurate representation of what it’s like working in medicine.
MEDtakeovers will help you find answers to questions like
- “How can I become a surgeon?”
- "How hard is medical school?”
- “What is the difference between a PA vs. NP”
- “What is a Physician Assistant?”
- “What is the role of a nurse?”
And many, many other questions!
Our goal is to provide you with a behind-the-scenes look at various careers in medicine to help you choose which healthcare career is right for you! - Andrea Benedict, Medtakovers
Medtakovers started as a simple Instagram page which now has over 11.1k followers and growing. New videos are uploaded daily!
Andrea recently launched a companion website, with plenty of free videos and new premium access that allows you to watch videos sorted by healthcare career. The list includes 34 career options.
- Anesthesiologist Assistant (AA)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) / Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Dental Hygienist
- Doctor / Physician
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Funeral Director / Mortician
- Hospital Administrator
- Medical Assistant
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Pathologists’ Assistant
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Radiologic Technologist
- Registered Dietician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Surgical Technologist
With plenty of free videos and memberships priced at just $19.88 for the year or $3.99 for a monthly, you can't go wrong.
This website is truly a gem if you are trying to decide what career to pursue in the ever-growing world of medicine. Get a real insider's look at just about every possible medical career out there.
Medthusiast has creative custom apparel that you can't find anywhere else.
Thank you, Andrea, for teaching me the best way to a woman's heart. I am relieved to know it is between the 5'th and 6'th ribs and not diamonds!
Andrea Benedict PA-C
Even with all this, Andrea somehow finds time to work as a pediatric critical care PA, post epic videos to her YouTube channel, craft posts on her personal website, Instagram, Snapchat and well . . just about anywhere else the web can find you.
I am truly inspired by all that Andrea has created and how she pushes the PA professions forward with her unique energy and exceptionally creative spirit.
This makes Andrea a true MADE BY PA Rockstar.
Here are just some of the places where you can find Andrea and all her awesome goodness:
- Instagram Medtakovers
- Medthusiast on Instagram
- Instagram Lifeasapa
- Medtakovers website
- Medthusiast website
- Andrea's YouTube channel
- Life As a PA website
Made by PA is a series dedicated to honoring ROCKSTARS in the PA community. Do you have something "Made by PA" you would like featured on the blog? Just let me know!
View all posts in this series
- Made by PA: Through the Eyes of a Young Physician Assistant
- Made by PA: Labulator is an app to help expand differential diagnoses via laboratory results
- Made by PA: The Applicant’s Manual of Physician Assistant Programs
- Made by PA: MEDtakeovers and Medthusiast by Andrea Benedict PA-C
- Made by PA: Rapid and Reliable ECG Interpretation With The EKG DDX App