When studying for the PANCE or PANRE let the NCCPA Content Blueprint be your guide!
Along with a good review book, the content blueprint allows you to focus your review on the topics that will be covered on the PANCE and PANRE.
In my experience, it is best to review the blueprint, find your weak spots and attack those first. Current Medicine has a brief and concise review of most topics.
Download an updated PDF of the ‘Examination Content Blueprint’ (ECB) from the NCCPA.
Looking for a new and improved exam blueprint that is truly interactive?
The NCCPA™ Content Blueprint on SMARTYPANCE
- Cardiology 16% - 51 topics (diseases)
- Pulmonary 12% - 32 topics (diseases)
- GI and Nutrition 10% - 41 topics (diseases)
- Musculoskeletal 10% - 39 topics (diseases)
- ENT 9% - 57 topics (diseases)
- Reproductive 8% - 46 topics (diseases)
- Genitourinary 6% - 30 topics (diseases)
- Neurology 5% - 27 topics (diseases)
- Endocrinology 6% - 18 topics (diseases)
- Psychiatry 6% - 26 topics (diseases)
- Dermatology 5% - 45 topics (diseases)
- Hematology 3% - 18 topics (diseases)
- Infectious Disease 3% - 35 topics (diseases)
Total: 13 organ systems and 467 topics (diseases)
There are pearls sets with flashcards to help simplify the review process and help you hone in on the important questions stems.
Print it up and start crossing out the topics you understand, marking the ones you don't and making notes of key terms you should remember. The PDF version is interactive and linked directly to the individual lessons on SMARTY PANCE.
Follow this link to download your FREE copy of the Content Blueprint Checklist
There is also a searchable online index of the entire content blueprint as part of the Smarty PANCE/PANCE board review website.
The checklist links to each of these 467 topics, members can simply click on a topic to explore it further.
Also included are 13 topic specific content blueprint exams available to all members, as well as a slough of other exams and review material.
Members of both the PANCE and PANRE Academy and Smarty PANCE receive access to both sites with a single login... Cool!
If you are interested in becoming a member you can sign up here (The PANCE and PANRE Academy) or here (Smarty PANCE + ReelDx)
Important Links from the NCCPA
- Here is the complete guide to taking the PANRE on the NCCPA Web Site.
PANCE (Initial Certification)
- Here is the complete guide to taking the PANCE on the NCCPA Web Site.
You may also like -
Download Your FREE 300 PA School Interview Questions and Answers Workbook
Sign up below to receive your free 65 page 300 PA school interview questions and answers workbook.
Brian Wallace says
That would be Great!
Brian Wallace says
I love Current, but it is a lot to read when trying to study everything. I like your idea of the interactive BluePrint. Keep up the good work!
If you don’t mind Brian, I would like to link the blueprint content over to your podcast review episodes as well?