2017 Physician Assistant Program Tuition and Cost Comparison
Tuition and cost data of resident and nonresident tuition including length and duration of all US PA programs.
Average Cost of PA School in 2017
Physician assistant program budgets have increased modestly over the past five years.
- Average cost of resident tuition for a 27-month physician assistant program is: $71,369
- Average cost of non-resident tuition for a 27-month physician assistant program is: $89,975
- Average program length is 27 months
The average increase in nonresident tuition over the last five years was 3.5%, whereas resident tuition rose by 4.1%.
Of particular interest was the difference between public and private institution tuition and fees.
- The average total resident tuition and nonresident tuition were higher for PA programs from private institutions than from those from public institutions.
- There was a 4% to 7% increase in the average total resident tuition for public and private institutions.
- The average total incidental costs (books, medical equipment, etc.) for public and private institutions increased by 23% and 139%, respectively.
The Ten Most Expensive PA Schools in 2017
|1. Duquesne University||Pennsylvania||$222,000|
|2. Gannon University||Pennsylvania||$176,240|
|3. University of Southern California||California||$157,916|
|4. Medical University of South Carolina||South Carolina||$128,000|
|5. Pace University||New York||$125,000|
|6. Touro University - California||California||$124,360|
|7. MCPHS University (Boston)||Massachusetts||$122,625|
|8. MGH Institute of Health Professions||Massachusetts||$117,236|
|9. University of Nevada, Reno||Nevada||$117,220|
|10. Springfield College||Massachusetts||$114,158|
The Ten Cheapest PA Schools in 2017
|1. Miami-Dade College||Florida||$25,000|
|2. Rush University||Illinois||$26,000|
|3. The University of Texas - SW School of Health Professions||Texas||$29,570|
|4. University of Oklahoma||Oklahoma||$30,000|
|5. Towson University CCBC - Essex||Maryland||$31,325|
|6. Cuyahoga Community College/Cleveland State University||Ohio||$31,492|
|7. Wichita State University||Kansas||$31,616|
|8. Barry University||Florida||$32,000|
|9. SUNY Upstate Medical Center||New York||$32,150|
|10. University of North Texas HS Center Ft Worth||Texas||$33,260|
Graph of PA School Tuition - 219 United States PA Programs
Keep in mind that these are estimated costs and variables such as tuition and fees will vary greatly from year to year.
Physician Assistant Programs Sorted by Tuition
Below you will find a dynamic and searchable table of all PA school programs in the United States.
- Tuition > $100,000 = Red
- Tuition > $50,000 and < $100,000 = Yellow
- Tuition < $50,000 = Green
Searchable and Sortable List (0=contact PA program)
- Click the header label in the first row to dynamically sort the table based on that column. You can sort by resident tuition, nonresident tuition, state and program duration
- Click the label of the column to add and review columns based on your preferences
Make sure to visit the relevant PA program website for the most current tuition, estimated costs, and fees.
You can find detailed information on each school as well as links to its corresponding website on my newly updated companion website at www.paschoolfinder.com
Here you can find an updated list of Postgraduate PA School Residency and Fellowship Programs.
|wdt_ID||PA Program||State||Resident Tuition||Nonresident Tuition||Months|
|1||Adventist University of Health Sciences||Florida||76,000||76,000||27|
|2||Albany Medical College||New York||57,477||57,477||28|
|3||Alderson-Broaddus University||West Virginia||82,565||82,565||27|
|4||Anne Arundel Community College||Maryland||0||0||25|
|6||Arizona School of Health Sciences||Arizona||79,617||79,617||26|
|9||Baldwin Wallace University||Ohio||78,000||78,000||24|
|10||Barry University||Florida, Virgin Islands||80,000||80,000||28|
|PA Program||State||Resident Tuition||Nonresident Tuition||Months|
If you found this table useful please share it with everyone you know :-). If you would like more info, updates from the blog and occasional free goodies, please make sure to sign up for my email newsletter using the opt-in form below.
View all posts in this series
- PA Schoolfinder – The Ultimate Physician Assistant School and Program Directory
- Physician Assistant Programs Offering Part-Time Options
- Which State Has the Largest Number of Physician Assistant Programs?
- Physician Assistant School and Program Directory eBook
- Made by PA: The Applicant’s Manual of Physician Assistant Programs
- 2017 Physician Assistant Program Tuition and Cost Comparison Table