Tuition, Costs, and Fees of Resident and Nonresident Tuition For All 256 US PA Programs
How Much Does it Cost to Go to PA School in 2018?
- Average cost of resident tuition + fees to graduate from an accredited physician assistant program in 2018 is: $79,941
- This is an increase of 11% from 2017
- Average cost of non-resident tuition for a 2-year physician assistant program is: $90,659
- This is a 1% increase from 2017
Two private programs (1.4%) and 59 public programs (90.8%) reported that they had separate resident and non-resident tuition rates.
Most Expensive States to Attend PA School
- California (16 programs) (PAEA): $102,595
- Massachusetts (9 programs) (PAEA): $96,000
- Connecticut (6 programs) (PAEA): $92,386
- Rhode Island (2 programs) (PAEA): $92,476
- Tennessee (9 programs) (PAEA): $91,107
Cheapest States to Attend PA School
Three of the five cheapest PA prgrams are in Texas!
- Kansas (1 program) (PAEA): $39,486
- Texas (10 programs) (PAEA): $47,827
- Alabama (2 programs) (PAEA): $63,054
- Colorado (3 programs) (PAEA): $66,703
- Iowa (4 programs) (PAEA): $68,779
- Wisconsin (5 programs) (PAEA): $69,561
Resident PA School Tuition and Fees Over The Years
- 2018: $79,941
- 2017: $71,369
- 2016: $65,564
- 2015: $64,961
The 5 Cheapest PA Schools
|University of Texas Rio Grande Valley||Texas||27,500||63,500|
|Towson University CCBC - Essex||Maryland||31,325||52,026|
|University of Texas - HS Center at San Antonio||Texas||36,000||88,485|
|University of Texas - Medical Branch at Galveston||Texas||36,000||74,000|
The 5 Most Expensive PA Schools
|University of Southern California||California||171,836||171,836|
|Touro University - California||California||126,680||126,680|
|University of California-Davis||California||123,735||123,735|
|MGH Institute of Health Professions||Massachusetts||119,835||119,835|
|Pace University||New York||116,515||116,515|
2018 Physician Assistant School Tuition Table
This tuition data is meant to reflect tuition + fees for the entire program. Every school reports differently so make sure to confirm the tuition data here with the PA program using the link provided. These numbers may differ with the PAEA PA Program Directory as many of those numbers are out of date.
The following table is ordered from least to most expensive based on resident tuition. Click this link to view the interactive 2018 PA school tuition table.
PA Schools Without Published Tuition Data
*You will need to rotate your phone if you are viewing this on a mobile device.
Please post updates or corrections in the comments section below and I will make sure to update the tuition data ASAP.