It is extremely easy to judge our patients.
- Maybe they don't take their medicines as directed.
- Maybe they make poor dietary or lifestyle choices.
- Maybe they don't parent like we parent, or they make poor decisions that lead to even worse outcomes.
As medical providers... actually let me rephrase this, as humans, we need to see the beauty in everyone.
We should have no place in our heart for judgement.
We do not know a persons background, we cannot pretend to understand what circumstances they have encountered in their lives that brought them to our clinic, our space, this corner of the universe.
So often we are apt to judge.
We interpret a persons actions as black and white. But it is never that easy... NEVER!
When we judge we deny a person what they deserve when they come to see us:
- a space to be understood
- a space to be free of society's preconceived notions.
- a space free of judgment.
As health care providers there is no greater gift we have to offer, than freedom from judgement.
When we choose to free ourselves from this burden we will become better practitioners... And better people.
We will have the ability to truly change people's lives.